Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spirtual Transformation through Disciplines...

I have a great opportunity to take part in spiritual formation class at Montreat where we learn about and engage in practice some of the spiritual disciplines. Through silence and solitude, God has used that to open up wounds not yet dealt and healed from. Through a small fast, reminded of how weak I am and struggle. How I need to hunger for God. I need God's strength for my whole body and soul to function. My sin has been brought up so much as I am realizing more of how ruined and broken I really am. I have also committed to taking part in more intentional confession, even for the what seem petty things that I don't "feel" like sharing because they come in the way of conforming my mindset to Christ. I've struggled with the balance of training and legalism, that is why I have avoided many disciplines God's grace has given me this opportunity to transform more to Him and the outcome= so worth it! It's grace but it still costs us something.. which is far more rich than cheap grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment