Tuesday, September 6, 2011

From Cambodia to MiniVans.

As I drove the mini-van to bring one of the girls to cheerleading practice today (wait, who would have thought I would be saying that sentence). But life has been such a whirlwind.

Although the first sentence does make it seem like I'm living the safe, American dream- it does have a lot of- shall we say- flavor? Nice house, mini-van, food, and a bed provided. Filled with girls with many mood swings and who rarely accept what is offered.

Many contrasts. Some similarities. As we say in Cambodia- Same Same but Different.

Oh also here is another random fact of my life these days: I work part-time at a salon as well. I have had many experiences, internships, and many things still in need of processing. Even after OE classes- my life cannot hide from reflection- instead of reflection papers- I am now blogging like a nerd.

These are all random sentences and thoughts that do not all seem to fit together. But that is how my life feels. And yet each moment, each experience and season, all prepare me for the next one. I am reminded today how God works all things for the good of those who are called. I am reminded of perseverance. I have had "I'm done!" moments before but God's grace covers them and keeps me going. There are many moments when I wonder what I'm doing and how I can keep going. But I keep forgetting that God loves me. I feel many times like He holds out on me. Prayer for trust that He knows the desires of my heart more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment