Monday, August 1, 2011

Back in the States... Now what?

It is really hard to summarize two months of everything we saw and experienced. Our team bonded like family and I fell in love with the country and people in Cambodia. It was really sad to leave some people there, but I know that is was all worth it. I would love to share more stories, preferably in person. But thank you to everyone who supported, prayed, and encouraged me to go. Without you, none of this would have happened.

Also, update on change of plans. I put Proverbs 16:9 - "A man may plan his course, but the Lord determines his steps" on my support card and that verse continues to be so true in my life. It seems like most times when I try to plan something, it always ends up in another crazy direction. However, for the first time in a while I am really seeing and believing that it is so good. And sometimes God just wants to give good gifts to his children. God actually knows and does want to give us the desires of our hearts- though I can be dumb and fear them.

As most of you know, my plans were to go to Kansas City, MO however that is no longer happening. I am actually moving back to the Asheville area to be a live-in intern for the Hope House (a faith-based home for girls rescued from trafficking in the States). It was a kind of long process letting go and deciding to do this but I am excited. This is really the place and ministry I am passionate about and where I will call home until further notice.

But please be praying because it is still another transition and change of plans is not super easy. Also that I can find a part-time job as well to cover other bills. And pray for Cambodia even though I am not there, specifically the girls at the safe house and for the long-term workers there.

Thank you again for all the support!

~Brittany Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment