Monday, May 3, 2010

Silence, Reality, Freedom, and the weight of the world.



I just got back from the silent retreat weekend with my spiritual formation class. It was an interesting weekend and for the first time in so long, I felt this huge weight I have been carrying lifted from my soul. I realized how difficult it is for me to just rest and finally felt at rest. However, as we got back I was moved to tears and this overwhelming feeling of an even heavier weight fall on me. I hope that the Lord will help me finish strong and that I can embrace such a hectic coming up summer with courage. I was reminded this past weekend of His faithfulness and provision and it is so hard today to rely on that through the pressure of everything. However, even when He is silent or I am, God is still there and I will trust that He promises to never leave or forsake me and that these difficult experiences will strengthen me for His kingdom.

O Lord do not continue to be silent. My spirit is willing, but flesh is weak. Help me to be strong in your grace and embrace these weaknesses. Thanks for your reminders of love and faithfulness and help me continue to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment