Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Technology Unplugged

It's interesting having a computer class and other classes that require me to use so much technology and studying aspects of Outdoor Ministry that encourage simplicity and the negative effects of such. At this point in the semester, I am bogged down with assignments and am anxious about such a crazy summer coming up that I am not prepared for. Fundraising to do, papers to write, etc. However, through all this God is preparing and refining me in this season of discipline. Though it is difficult because I feel so far and weak, I trust that "He who began a good work will carry it onto completion" (Philippians 1). This coming weekend, though timing is crazy, yet perfect, I am going on a silent retreat with the Spiritual Formation class and going to unplug from everything. Be silent and leave everything behind to hopefully encounter the Lord and rest in Him. I want to enter into His peace and be able to hear and take courage from His voice. I went to rest in His provision as I remove myself from these busy distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment