Thursday, October 11, 2012

Processes are inconvenient.

The most beautiful things come in a process. A journey. Well how unfortunate for my success driven, instant gratification world.

Thinking of processes. Of how a gold is refined in fire. How wounds take time to heal. How a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. Or the journey of seeing kids grow up.

Well I do not always like the idea of a process because I'd rather not wait. With numerous options always before me, fast food, and medicine for however I feel that day.  My life is filled with band-aids and quick fixes. Those around around me are too busy anyway figuring out when they can get the latest iPhone. So make sure it's convenient.

My life is a process. When I trust God, it usually involves waiting when I'd rather not and moving when I am scared to. His timing is not my own.

If I had it my way, I would raise support in a day. I would rescue all the girls from brothels and capture all the pimps. I would take up all the child soldiers and feed all the hungry children.

But if it does not work that way, are we willing to invest still? If it takes more than a band-aid and involves deep heartache, will we keep going?

Are we willing to wait?

And I do not mean passively wait, I mean actively handing it over to our Lord. I mean doing your part now. Faithful for what is entrusted to you today so you can be obedient for tomorrow.

If I do not get the recognition and praise, will I be willing to show up and give?

If there is opposition, will we see it as an excuse to give up?
Well Believer, I hope not because we are pretty much guaranteed opposition. Opposition does not mean you are not called, it means you are in battle.

Sometimes I get frustrated because it never feels like enough. I feel like I need to do more, I am not good enough. I can't raise support. But was reminded today, it really doesn't matter how long it takes. It is a process. There is so much God needs to work in my heart to prepare me. He is working in the local community around me, though I do not always see it. His timing is not my own.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9


Throughout, I will actively trust, not in my performance but in His love. Though it may be uncomfortable, I will wait. And I will walk through the fire.
 For He is worthy.
And has called me to live a life worthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment